I was asked recently to write a ‘Top Ten Ergonomics Tips’ for online poker players. Initially, I saw this as a stand-alone project but, as I researched the process of online poker, it became clear that there are many similarities. Here are a few:
- Online poker players (OPPs) operate unsupervised for long periods, often without interruption.
- Workstation layout, posture and comfort are critical.
- OPPs often use two or more monitors.
- OPPs need to maintain concentration to optimise their performance.
- Exercise and hydration are very important.
To see the full list of tips and draw your own conclusions about the similarities, view the whole Online Poker Ergonomics article here.