This update was originally emailed as a Product Radar posting on 1/07/2021. You can register here to receive them directly by email.
The Kinesis Freestyle2 Convertible Keyboard allows for maximum flexibility, catering to each individual’s unique needs and to every work environment. The Kinesis Freestyle2 convertible keyboard is a split keyboard that is designed to adapt to the natural posture of your hands, arms and shoulders so the user can work with good posture.
It allows wrists and hands to be in a comfortable and natural typing position to minimise the risk of developing future complaints such as Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI). The Freestyle2 has a zero degree slope which minimizes the height, effectively creating a negative slope and reducing wrist extension.
Features & Benefits
- USB wired ‘plug and play’ connection.
- Split keyboards are designed to adapt to the natural posture of your hands, arms and shoulders so you can work with good posture. The split and angled design avoids wrist pronation and twisting of the hands which causes the carpal tunnel in the wrist to constrict.
- Reduces ulnar deviation. Ulnar deviation occurs when the wrist is bent outward in the direction of the little finger which causes the carpal tunnel in the wrist to constrict.
- Lightweight and portable, ease for transportation and storage.
- Integrated palm supports reduce stressful bending of the wrists and provide a convenient place to rest your hands when you are not actively typing. Available as an addition.
- Numeric keypad is available to add on. It supports an ergonomic desktop layout. Ideal for numerical work such as spreadsheets.